2021 EEO-4 Data Collection
Message sent successfully.
EEO-4 Data Collection (State and Local Government Information Report)
The 2021 EEO-4 Data Collection is closed. No additional reports will be accepted.
Updates about the upcoming 2023 EEO-4 Data Collection will be posted to www.EEOCdata.org/eeo4 as they become available.
Filers may print their completed and certified 2021 EEO-4 Reports, as well as historical reports, in the EEO-4 Online Filing System. To print your reports:
- Log into the EEO-4 Online Filing System
- Navigate to your State or Local Government Dashboard by selecting your State or Local Government
- On your State or Local Government Dashboard, select the green “Download/Print 2021 Report” button
- To print Historic reports select “Historic Data (Prior EEO-4 Reports)”, where you can view and download all certified reports for your State or Local Government by selecting the “Download” button.
Who Must File
The State and Local Government Information Report (EEO-4), EEOC Form 164, also referred to as the EEO-4 Report, is a mandatory biennial data collection that requires all State and local governments with 100 or more employees to submit demographic workforce data, including data by race/ethnicity, sex, job category, and salary band. The filing by eligible State and Local governments is required under section 709(c) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 2000e-8(c), 29 CFR 1602.30 and .32-.37.
What Will I Need?
- Registration ID and PIN (provided via U.S. mail for previous filers or at registration for new filers)
- State and local governments name, mailing address and office address (if different)
- Type of government reporting EEO-4 data
- Workforce demographic data are submitted by race/ethnicity, sex, job category, and salary band for Full-Time Employees
- Workforce demographic data are submitted by race/ethnicity, sex, and job category for Part-Time Employees and New Permanent Full-Time Hires
- Workforce demographic data are submitted by race/ethnicity, sex, and job category for departments or agencies within functions
- Departments or agencies within functions that are included or excluded.
- For the 2021 EEO-4 data collection, the workforce data reported must be as of June 30th of the reporting year (i.e., 2021)
Filers who submitted State and local government data for the 2019 EEO-4 collection will receive their 2021 EEO-4 notification letter by U.S. mail. The letter will include your Registration ID and PIN, which are required to create an account in the new EEO-4 Online Filing System. The Registration ID and PIN are used to link your State and local government to your individual user account in the new EEO-4 Online Filing System. After creating your user account and personal password, log in with your username and password to access the EEO-4 Online Filing System. Once you have created a user account, you will no longer need your Registration ID and PIN to access the EEO-4 Online Filing System.
New points of contact for a State or local government should contact the EEO-4 Filer Support Team to update the state and local government’s verified contact information. This request must be submitted by an authorized official who is currently a point of contact, or include a letter, in electronic PDF format, on the state and local government letterhead, from an authorized official, identifying the new contact(s). Filers should save a PDF copy of your 2021 EEO-4 Report as soon as the report has been submitted and certified in the EEO-4 Online Filing System.
Security Privacy Notice
Please note that data transferred using the EEO-4 Online Filing System is encrypted.